Travel with us Oct. 29 – Nov. 13! This time we’re heading west…to China! Dust off that passport. Download the brochure.
See the brochure for details and order form. Sign up and send in deposits today. This is the final call this month. It is the trip of a lifetime.
We will be joining my friend and mentor Rev. Mary Anne Harris, an experienced tour coordinator. The trips I’ve taken with her to Italy, Spain, and Portugal were high quality and well planned (through NAWAS- -she deals with only the best companies). Join us! And check out her photo gallery of the other trips she’s led at the Harris House website.
Sometimes we can get bogged down in life. We drift, we can get stagnant, and we can sometimes feel no sense of direction or purpose. I have come up with these reminders to help me reclaim my joy. I’ve used them over and over. This is not an exhaustive list, but it’s a great start! In the book, The Revealing Word, it says that joy is “the happiness of God expressed through its perfect idea in [humankind]…and that joy and gladness are strength-giving.” Wow, did you know that joy and gladness can give you strength? (Nehemiah 8:10)
Joy is more than a fleeting moment of happiness. For me, it is more like an underground reservoir that shoots up warm springs of living waters in my soul whenever I need them. True joy arises from within as we focus on all the good that is in our lives and the Source of our good.
When you claim and reclaim your joy, it does not mean you are not compassionate with others or that you don’t notice the challenges of life that are going on around us or in our world. We are not side-stepping anything. But with joy, you will have the strength and energy to be up for the tasks that lie before you.
So here are some of the tips I use for reclaiming my joy all the time and help me keep it stirred up!
- Stir up love, and you’ll stir up joy. Joy stems from divine love, unconditional love, the God-kind of love (agape love). I call it loving “just because.” Boost up your love with kind thoughts, words, and deeds, and walk in the wisdom of divine love and you will find your joy meter rising. When you feel your joy is at a low point, consider how are you doing in the area of expressing and manifesting unconditional, inclusive, non-judgmental love…to everyone! Stir up love, and let joy rise! “By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” – John 13:35 NRSV
- Praise is the language of joy. Whatever we praise, bless, or magnify grows! Gratitude and thanksgiving multiplies, germinates, and fertilizes everything in our lives and affairs. We can express our appreciation and gratitude to those around us each day. In prayer, we can give thanks. With a heart full of thanks, joy automatically rises. “I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” – Psalm 34:1
- Prayer, Meditation, and Contemplation fills up our reservoir of joy. When we consciously commune with the Divine and tap into the Presence, we are continually filling ourselves up with joy. Allow yourself to get still and go into the Silence…and be filled with the spirit of joy. “You show me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore” – Psalm 16:11 NRSV
- Set your mind on God’s good. Think on all the good that God is unveiling and expressing in your life and all around you and joy will rise in your heart. “Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. – Philippians 4:8 NRSV
- Go and do good for others. Find a way to serve joyfully in community, in your spiritual community, at your school, in your neighborhood, or globally. Selfless service without thinking about reward and benefit can open up your heart to more love and joy. Your giving becomes the gift, and the joy of giving is its own reward. “So then, whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith.” -Galatians 6:10 NRSV
- Play, engage in creative fun. Go dancing, …yes, dance! wave your arms in the air, like you just don’t care! Play music. Go to an art festival, a museum, or do some art! Go sailing, go to a play or a concert, and find a way to get in a good belly laugh (not at others, of course, but with others). Proverbs tells us “A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance.” (15:13); “but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.” (15:15); and “A merry heart does good like a medicine.” (17:13).
- Find your tribe. Find and share your joy in a community that is inclusive, accepting, loving, non-judgmental, uplifting of one another, and supportive of you finding your spiritual highest good. It may not be a traditional brick and mortar church. It can also be some collective group that enhances the individuals involved with it. “And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” – Hebrews 10:24-26 NRSV
Add a SPLASH of JOY to everything you do this week! Share more JOY tips with us online at: Facebook Page and Discussion Group and like our Page.
Blessings & love,
I am please to now have an official logo! This ministry is part of Unity Worldwide Ministries.
Unity Joy Abundantly Expressing Ministries’ Vision
Unity – Joy Abundantly Expressing Ministries’ vision is to be a global beacon of light on the internet radiantly expressing and sharing positive, inspiring, life-affirming messages of joy – – joy based on the love and peace inspired by the transformative teachings of Jesus, the Christ, and many other wisdom teachings.
Unity Joy Abundantly Expressing Ministries’ Mission
Unity – Joy Abundantly Expressing Ministries inspires, uplifts, and edifies listeners and followers with music, affirmations, and messages through its website, videos, and social media and provides a space online for others to connect around the theme of joy.
I hope you will join me on this journey of uplifting our world. Through every challenge, every circumstance, I believe true joy can pierce the veil and allow us to live triumphantly and successfully!
Have an amazing day!
You are invited to join my discussion group and like my FaceBook at: UnityJoy
Peace and blessings,
~ Rev. Dinah ~
Come go with us Oct. 29 – Nov. 13! This time we’re heading west. Download the brochure.
See the brochure for details and order form. Sign up and send in deposits right away. I am looking for at least 7 more people to go with us. It is the trip of a lifetime.
We will be joining my friend and mentor Rev. Mary Anne Harris, an experienced tour coordinator. The trips I’ve taken with her to Italy, Spain, and Portugal were high quality and well planned (through NAWAS- -she deals with the best companies). Join us! And check out her photo gallery of the other trips she’s led at the Harris House website.
Ok… so it’s February! I can still say “Happy New Year,” right? It might be a little late, but it’s not too late to send you wishes of PEACE, HEALTH, ABUNDANCE, and JOY for the upcoming year and beyond. As a matter of fact, I am wishing you a LIFE of joy!
I can think of no better way to start the year than in the spirit and energy of divine joy. My goal this year is to reach as many people as I can and splash their day with some joy. You might have heard in January 2018 that I launched an on-line ministry of joy – – UNITY JOY ABUNDANTLY EXPRESSING MINISTRIES. However, I admit I was slow getting it out the gate due to taking on a full-time day job and becoming the senior minister of Unity of Tri-Valley Spiritual Center in Dublin, CA in early 2018. But the call to this work of joy never left my heart.
So, it’s re-charge time! I am inviting you to join me in lifting the world in the spirit of true joy. Joy is not just for Christmastime. Though our challenges and experiences may be tough, the ever-abiding truth is that the reign of God’s joy never ends. No matter how dark the night, joy comes in the morning. It is always present to those who choose it and expect it.
If you would like to join me in this re-commitment to joy and gather into this circle of rich, heart-warming, spiritually nourishing connection, I’m asking you do three things to help me have a successful launch by February 28th:
- Go to unityjoy.org and join my mailing list.
- Like my Facebook page – @UnityJoy
- Join my FB discussion group – and tell me what brings you joy!
I look forward to connecting with you on-line. Until then, I envision you blessed this year with all your heart’s desires and joy abundantly expressing!
Joyfully and lovingly,
I will be singing this Saturday, Feb. 9 at 6 p.m., along with Rev. David Deerfeeder, Nancy Iskander, and Clay Foor at Unity of Tri-Valley in Dublin, CA. The theme of the evening is “Love is the Answer.” In the midst of a world filled with…well, you know…human drama, let us not turn our backs on love. Let us face it all divinely connected and knowing we are stronger and better as we boldly face each day grounded in love and wisdom. Come fill your heart and fill the room with the energy of love. Bring friends and family members along! Family-friendly. All are welcome.
Our hearts are heavy with grief, as we witness yet another slaughtering of people of faith in their house of worship. This time people of Jewish faith…in Pittsburg. I invite us all into prayers of peace and divine love – – let compassion arise in us. Light a candle, hold a silent vigil, go and be with others to hold each other up in authentic caring….and sharing. Take time, take time to breathe…breathe in the precious Breath of Life we all share, and remember it was swept away from others.
We are all affected. We are all “inextricably linked.” Can we put our political ideologies and “otherizing” down for a just a little while to reflect on how sacred life is? Each moment and each breath you take today is precious. Let us use our lives differently than in the past. Where we’ve been asleep, arise and awaken; where we’ve been complacent, shake ourselves and get on assignment with wisdom from on high; where we’ve been silent, open our mouths and speak truth to power….omg, we’ve overslept.
Today – let us pray….until we are infused with and allow a greater light in our minds and hearts as never before.
Peace unto you this day, my friend.
~ Rev. Dinah Chapman, M.Div